Maternity Insurance Tips in Singapore:
Maternity insurance is for mothers-to-be coverage against any unexpected pregnancy and congenital complications that may arise during and immediately after pregnancy. The main aim is to cover any medical expenses of pregnancy or congenital issues when it happens.
- Most Important, it is to insure your child against any unexpected pregnancy and congenital defects. If your child is born with congenital defects, it will be difficult for insurance company to want to cover the child.
- Giving you a peace of mind. If any medical fees you incur during the pregnancy and birth due to the listed complications. It can be of some help with the sum assured.
- Maternity insurance will also provide coverage for any pregnancy and congenital illnesses affecting your child and developing after birth. Coverage typically extends to the age of three years old.
- Maternity and Hospital insurance coverage is two totally different plans.
- Maternity insurance will only cover you and the baby from at least the second trimester of your pregnancy onwards. Different insurers’ coverage begins at different between 13 and 18 weeks.
- Most of the insurers offering maternity insurance policies to the unborn baby up to the birth and covers any birth defects. Following that, many of these policies that operate as additional cover to your health coverage are for the policy owners. A lot of parents cannot start coverage for their babies until the baby is at least 91 days old with good health.
- Not a lot of insurance companies offer maternity coverage for children conceived via (artificial pregnancy) example IVF.
- Hospital care is often capped at a given number of days or a maximum benefit.
- The majority of maternity insurance policies are linked to Investment Linked Insurance Policies (ILPs).
- There is pregnancy insurance available for pregnancy expenses and also post issues relating to the prior. They are for cases with complications not for regular prenatal visits to your gynaecologist.